mercredi 11 juin 2008

Amma’s Words of Wisdom for Artists and Musicians






Trouvé sur le blog de la page MySpace d'Amma:

Q: Amma, being an artist, a musician, I would like to know what my attitude toward my profession should be and how to express more and more of my musical talents?
A: Art is God's beauty manifested in the form of music, painting, dance and so forth. It is one of the easiest ways to realize one's inherent divinity. There are many saints who found God through music. So, you are specially blessed to be a musician. In regards to your attitude towards your profession, be a beginner, a child in front of God, in front of the divine. This will enable you to tap into the infinite possibilities of your mind. And this, in turn, will help you manifest more and more of your musical talents in a much deeper way.
Q: But Amma, how to be a child, a beginner?
A: Just be accepting and recognizing your ignorance, you automatically become a beginner.
Q: I understand that, but I am not completely ignorant. I am a trained musician.
A:
How much training do you have?
Q: I studied music for six years and have been a performing artist for the last 14 years.
A:
How big is space?
Q: (sounding a little puzzled) I don't understand your question.
A:
(smiling) You don't understand the question because you don't understand space, isn't it so?
Q: (shrugging his shoulders) Maybe.
A:
Maybe?
Q: But what is the connection between my question and Your asking, "How big is space?"
A: There is a connection. Pure music is as big as space. It is God. it is pure knowledge. it is the secret of allowing the pure sound of the universe to flow through you. You cannot learn music in 20 years. You may have been singing for the last 20 years, but to truly understand music means to realize music as your own Self. In order to realize music as your Self, you need to allow music to completely possess you. For more music to occupy your heart, you need to create more space within. More thoughts mean less space.

Now, contemplate on this, "How much space do I have within me to spare for pure music?"


If you really wish more and more of your musical talents to manifest, lessen the quantity of unnecessary thoughts and allow more space for the energy of music to flow within you.




1 commentaires :

Anonyme a dit…

Je suis nulle en anglais mais les photos en disent long... merci. Pascale :-)